14 November 2011

BEST Team Weekly Feature - Easing into the Holiday Spirit

I know, I know, it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but you know since Halloween has passed it's like a snowball rolling downhill, gaining momentum, and next thing you know it, you're vacuuming pine needles and making (or breaking) New Years Resolutions! So, I'm beginning to get in the spirit, polishing up my favorite seasonal decorations, and testing pumpkin pie recipes (why do we wait until Thanksgiving for such delicious treats?) And I'm making sure my mailing list is up to date for sending Christmas greeting cards.  Annie Oliverio of Empty on the Inside has some gorgeous hand painted cards in her shop, not only for the holidays, but for all occasions too. Here's my favorite:
You can almost smell the pine. This 5"x7" card (image size approximately 4"x6") is hand-painted on cream cardstock and comes with matching envelope. Each card is titled, signed and left "empty on the inside" for your personal message. Christmas Tree One and all of her cards are available quantity you desire. Find Annie on Twitter and Facebook, and some interesting reading at her blog as well - you may very well find a great recipe for vegan pumpkin pie here

 You are going to love this if you love dressing up for the holidays like I do! I ADORE this stunning mink jacket. This mother daughter team has captured my heart with their eclectic offerings in their aptly named Etsy Boutique. You can bet that I'd wear this cute hip skimming beauty constantly, its so versatile and stylish! This mink jacket was custom made in the 70's by Virgina Millsaps in Taylorsville North Carolina, this would definitely make a great Christmas gift for that special woman in your life! Enough of that, I digress. . . 
What are the measurements?? 
OK, I realize this may have offended some folks, and I want you to know that, I too, am opposed to animal cruelty, yet I treasure the seal skin cape I bought at the Salvation Army store when I first moved to Oregon back in 1989. I am so thankful for the warmth and softness it has provided over the course of 22 winters here in Oregon and I honor the spirit of the animals. Enough of that, I digress, again. . . .

I often dream of a tropical holiday, and these earrings made me laugh about how I might look when I'm old and finally going on vacation, when my ship comes in, some day. Connie Haskell of Redemption Art has a fabulous shop that is inspired by the infinite variety of things that find their way to hawaii from across the globe.  She welcome interior decorators and designers to contact her and welcomes anyone who is looking for something with island flair. She tweets and blogs about her Hawiian journey too! 

Talk about treasures, I don't know if I can live without this much longer (hint-hint) there is something so delicious and fabulous about the feeling of suede, plus this would be the most stylish way to keep track of my myriad thoughts, musings and to-do's. Shirley Martin of The Orange Windmill is (I'm paraphrasing here) iconically dutch and her favourite colour is orange. She is very active on the web, just click each part of her shop name above to see her blog and more about her various interests and pursuits. 
(OOPS, you vegans are reallynot gonna LOVE me)





9 comments:

  1. A fabulous review; thank you! :)
    -Shirley
    The Orange Windmill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading about your finds. you really found a seal skin jacket at the Salvation Army, lucky you and what a treasure!

    Following :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria, It was actually a seal skin cape. I love to wear it on occasion, but it's more of a snuggly throw for winter nights on the sofa most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! Great feature - so much info and detail.

    Dough, Dirt & Dye
    Empty On the Inside

    ReplyDelete
  5. great feature, love the disclaimers, lol. Thanks,
    Debbi
    - ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for featuring my wacky earrings here...I hope your "ship comes in" a lot sooner than expected, I would love to be your Hawaiian tour guide =)!

    Blessings, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those journals. Great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fabulous feature <3 I love all your finds, you had me giggling the whole way through :) love it

    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you like the humor and the handmade items. I hope my ship comes in sooner rather than later too! 'Could do with a little aloha touring!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Planet Joy and for sharing your comment!

 
UA-15509490-1