19 December 2011

BEST Team Weekly Feature - Green is the Theme

What a busy time it is as 2011 draws to a close, I find myself in a festive spirit at this time of year! The lights are strung, the tree is decorated, Pandora is playing Christmas music whilst I bake and write holiday greeting cards. So far I've managed to bake two varieties of cookies. Yes, the pfeffernusse has been baked and is aging to perfection in a special tin. Let's see how many varieties I can accomplish by Friday! Everyone has their favorites! Here's a picture of last years yummy cookie bounty! 
Planet Joy Cookie Extravaganza 2010 
I'm grateful for so many things, and this year I'm grateful for finding my BESTY's on ETSY! My commitment to the Boosting Etsy Shops Team encourages me to reinvigorate my blog and I am compelled to write a plethora of posts rather than blog solely about the BEST Team's rich creativity. So, if you enjoy a little peek into Planet Joy, please let me know with a comment, even if it's just a friendly little hello! Come, follow JHS on Facebook! You'll be glad you did! 

I don't know about you, but I've been burning the candle at both ends with family, home and business plus squeezing in time for recreation and exercise. Where does the time go on these short winter days? I so wish for a clone who's sole responsibility is to stand in line at the post! But enough about that! 

Green is the theme for today's BEST feature! 
Let's start off with this pair of pocket sized journals by The Orange Windmill. The rich color of their leather covers is stimulating, and since its a pair of journals, I get to keep one for myself! Shirley likens her creative process to Michelangelo's view of work. "In every block of marble I see a statue as plain as though it stood before me, shaped and perfect in attitude and action. I have only to hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to the other eyes as mine sees it." Check out the fruits of her labor online: Facebook | Blog | Twitter | Pinterest | Stumbleupon | Tumblr
Newsboy cap for babies
Here is a super cute newsboy cap for that amazing toddler in your life. This vibrant pea green is adorable, other colors are available by request. Veronica loves art and custom orders are her specialty! She creates basic everyday items designed to make your life a bit more enjoyable! The newsboy cap pictured on this adorable little girl will fit 2-3 year old's. Check out Knitful Dezigns online: Facebook | Blog | Twitter


Green Tea Aventurine and Onyx Bracelet
You will feel like a million bucks wearing this lovely aventurine and black onyx bracelet to work or a for a night on the town. The colors remind us of the health benefits of green tea, and so, you may find it is a good reminder to stay healthy when you are wearing it. Cindy finds inspiration in nature's beauty, her passion is creating classic silver pieces that are well-made, balanced, and elegant - pieces that you enjoy wearing. CK Silver specializes in sterling silver, pearls, semi-precious stones, and Swarovski crystals with a focus on earth and ocean colors. Facebook | Twitter | Blog 

Handmade Victorian Christmas Ornament 
Ellen has long loved needle arts and she has crocheted this beautiful 3 inch satin ball adorned with lace, flowers and ribbon. The beauty of this handmade ornament adorned with lace flowers and ribbon will last forever and is sure to become a family heirloom! You may have heard the expression 'So much yarn (thread) . . . so little time!' The possibilities are absolutely limitless, and she wants to explore them all! Learn more about the craft and keep in touch Facebook | Blog | Twitter


5 comments:

  1. What a nice post, Joy..going green! LOL! OMG! you cookies, I am envious! Hmmmm, I do still have some time left..

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely feature - and lovely items! Have a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holidays, Joy! Your post is wonderful. Thank you for sharing some of your holiday with us and for the green (my favorite color) theme. I've got a little bit of green coming up in my feature as well.

    Empty On the Inside
    Dough, Dirt & Dye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds. Love the greens. It's my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Joy! love the feature, that ornament is awesome, and while I'm a tea drinker, green tea is one flavor I could never enjoy. And besty's on etsy....LOVE IT!
    Debbi
    - ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Planet Joy and for sharing your comment!

 
UA-15509490-1