13 December 2011

Crafty Christmas

Where does the time go? I've been talking about making cookies all month, and here it is already nearly mid-December, I MUST make those Pfeffernusse Cookies asap or they won't have time to age and develop their incredible flavor. But before I dive into cookie baking mode, though, let me share the Planet Joy feature. I hope you will enjoy the creative works from my team, and who knows, perhaps you will be inspired to buy something for that special someone on your list or for yourself in one of their Etsy Shops!


The Poison Garden is home to three charmingly eccentric and impressively crafty ladies from Lafayette, Indiana. Suzette, the butterfly queen, Crystal the pumpkin tender and Melissa the toad catcher. The Ladies spend most of their time creating the fantastical adornments of their vivid imaginations. Using found material, vintage jewelry, ribbons, beads, feathers, bones, crystals and more to bring you original jewelry, accessories, decor and artworks. If you love the romantic, the whimsical, the eccentric then make your way through the clowder of cats and see whats in store! I found a couple of treasures that I'd like to share with you: 

Victorian Flowers and Lace Dream Meditation Prayer Pillow

I love to sleep and my dreams in winter can be dramatic as well as epic. Tuck this sweet Victorian Dream Pillow in your bed and sweet dreams are yours! And I adore the simple elegance of their custom mother's necklace. The necklace pictured here is a combination of the Margaret Pearl Necklace and the Celtic Rosary featuring peridot to symbolize mother and garnet and amethyst to symbolize the children. Contact them to create your own personal treasured heirloom jewelry! 

Custom Mother's Birthstone Necklace

Be sure to check out their Poisen Garden blog and tumblr pages for more fabulous NeoVictorian * Gothic * Steampunk Jewelry & Accessories!
This team is full of surprises! Imagine having peacocks in the garden outside your studio! That is exactly the sublime setting of Riorita's studio in Israel! These stunning beachglass items caught my eye, the color of the glass is so similar to my favorite gemstone, emeralds! Jewelry should give women a feeling that they look beautiful and special.
Gold-plated sterling silver beachglass hoop earrings
Primitive Silver Ring

Please visit Irith's website and blog to learn more about the repousse jewelry technique she utilizes to create sculptural dimension in each one of a kind piece!

Judy of AngelsNEverlastingsoperated a dried flower business from her home near Boston Mass. in the 90's and now that her children are grown, she has time to return to her passion. Home decor items, picture frames, tree toppers and wreaths are some of the items she creates with love. Here's a few that caught my eye, can you tell I love the seashell theme or what??
Seashell & Beachglass Photo Frame
Pink Everlasting Wreath with Seashells 
If you see something you like but would like a different color scheme, or just have questions send her a messageCheck out Angels & Everlastings on Facebook or twitter a Tweet!

Absolutely Kismet from Spearfish Montana wants you to know that everything listed in her Etsy Shop is ready to ship. Please review the Shop Policies before making a purchase. Custom and special orders are always welcomed. Here are a couple of my favorites from her charmed selection hand-crafts. I love this cranberry red glass beaded bracelet, it's so festive, the beads are different sizes to create a truly unique look with an easy to use clasp.
Cranberry Glass Bead Bracelet
Pewter Beaded Wine Glass Charm Set
Be sure to check out Absolutely Kismet on Facebook and read/follow the Kismet blog too!
The Boosting Etsy Shops Team's goal is to provide marketing support for each others' Etsy shops by writing WEEKLY features on our blogs. Our team also shows support by offering free advertising for each other. This is a very dynamic, active group now accepting new members!

6 comments:

  1. Oooh so many good things. I love the crown wine marker! And I wish I had peacocks outside my workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written post! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great feature -- Thank you -- love these things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous collection! Good luck with the cookie baking!!

    Empty On the Inside
    Dough, Dirt & Dye

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the items in the shop of Poison Garden...I wonder if I could get my hubby to let me put ruffly lacy pillows on our bed????lol.
    Debbi
    - ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to make cookies, too! Thanks for including my items!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Planet Joy and for sharing your comment!

 
UA-15509490-1