15 February 2012

Bluebird Day on Mt. Ashland

blue bird day is a beautiful sunny day after an overnight snowfall. It's a perfect skiing day with a clear blue sky, bright sun, and fresh snow. I've been working long and hard hours in the studio painting silks for The Santa Fe Opera and once the I got the steamer loaded, we headed up for a little x-c ski excursion. 
20 minutes south on Interstate 5 to winter wonderland 

Blue skies and fresh snowfall
Rebecca's perfect form
Stoked
Mt. Shasta is visible in the distance
Zoomed in you can see Mt. Shasta more clearly
After skiing - back to Planet Joy to find the steaming complete, now to prepare for shipping: washing and ironing, tagging, invoicing, packaging and posting the hand painted silk shawls and ruanas.
Driftwood Ruana
The Santa Fe Opera has a great season lining up this year, and Joy Hand Painted Silk is very happy to be stocked in store for the 2012 season! There are silks from every color series in the Natura Collection: Earth, Heather, Gem, Fire and Water.
Azul Shawl
Peridot Ruana
Its a beautiful thing when work and play come into balance. Today the sun is up above the clouds. I'm so glad to have gotten out into the snow while the sun was shining! Maybe we'll get another snowfall today or tonight - who knows!! 
Magic happens

9 comments:

  1. The scenery is breath taking, its so nice that you are able to relax in between breaks and to be in nature away from noise and pollution. You are so blessed.
    Michelle
    Healthiersteps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michelle, for taking a moment to visit with me on Planet Joy. It really is very pretty here in Southern Oregon! I am always amazed when I take the time to stop and enjoy the natural surroundings of this region! I hope you will join us here again! ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. this looks like so much fun. I have never been skiing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a blast, by the time I got back to the car my legs were wobbly. It's really fun to go out in fresh snow, well, it's fun anytime, but I've only been twice this season, due to lack of snow!

      Delete
  4. I have always wanted to learn to ski..maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow is an unreliable resource here in southern oregon, so I have learned to get outdoors and into it when we have a snowfall. It's so much fun!

      And I on the other hand want to learn to SURF!! Maybe someday!

      Delete
  5. I never knew that was called a blue bird day!
    Looks beautiful :) Lovely silks too!
    vivid
    www.vividplease.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you here Vivid! We got fresh snow last night, but I think its too cold today for me! I'm waiting for another bluebird day when the sun is shining!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting Planet Joy and for sharing your comment!

 
UA-15509490-1